Monday, January 11, 2010

{Confessions} of a Carhop and Primary teacher.

Don't you just {love} Sundays? I do. :]
Sundays are all about family, and snuggling, and reading.

I wrote this a few days ago at work during a particularly stressful shift. I just want to remind you all that not everyone working at a fast food resturant is a complete moron.



 I look at the people around me. Some of them complain so much, especially the older ones. I really hope I'm not like that when I get wrinkles.
I try to find the good in things. I want to dance in life's thunderstorms. 
I bought a new calender a few days ago. Each month has an inspirational quote along with a cute picture. June's (because I cheated and read ahead. hehe.) says,
"We girls look at a cloud and say to ourselves, 'There's a rainbow coming in just a while.' Then we kick off our shoes and dance in the puddles until the sun comes out again."
They say the things that annoy you about others teach you about yourself. I know that I will never be rude to someone, no matter what my situation is. Sometimes finding life's sunshine in the midst of clouds doesn't benefit you at all.

On this stressful shift, I was yelled at for trying to help someone out. This man was ordering his food and he got everything he needed for a combo except for his small drink. I asked him if he would like to make it a medium and make it a combo because it would be cheaper for him, plus he gets more soda. He proceeds to yell at me. I was totally taken aback. Sure, I've been yelled at before, but never for trying to be nice. I thought to myself, "Maybe there's something going on that I don't know about." Then the prideful selfish part of myself thought, "Who cares?!?" Being nice to someone only takes an ounce of effort. I'm one that believes that if everyone said "excuse me" or "thank you" more often, the world would be a better place.



In better news, I taught my first CTR 4 class today. I have five kids: Ethan, Stanley, Juanito, Julie, Hailey, and Brynlee. Our lesson was on choosing the right. {BTW, I got the most amazing lesson ideas here.}
The class went rather smoothly for a bunch of four year olds. Only two crying kids (both easily fixed), two episodes of "shooting" crayons into the "basket" (trash can), and one in-depth conversation of why we shouldn't hurt baby birds.
During closing exercises, I was tapped on the leg. I looked over at Juanito, who hurriedly folded his arms. He looks at me very serious and says, "I'm going the right way." *Sigh* My heart melted. Who knew that this darling little boy was paying attention to what I said? Reverence is something we talk about alot. I never thought anyone was really listening.
[[Brian, remind me to tell you what my mom suggested to me. Very good idea. Might just do it.]]

"Except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." {Matthew 18:3}

Little Ethan, a year old, contemplates the meaning of a styrafoam tray at Christmastime.

No comments: