Saturday, December 27, 2008

You got a look in your eye when your saying goodbye, like you wanna say hi...

Please take this into consideration:: When I wrote this, I stripped myself of all pride and embarassment. I was naked, in a sense. I had no intention of ever letting anyone see it, and it is, without a doubt, one of the most emotional things I've ever written (atleast for me). Remember this when you read it.

I like to think that at one point in time, you meant everything you said.
I like to think that you meant that kiss... And that you knew exactly what you wanted.
And that was me.
In that moment, that night, those brief seconds in time, I was completely yours.
That counts for something right?

I also like to think that when we pass each other at school, you stop and think, “Damn. I screwed that up.”
I like to think that some days you stop and wonder what I’m doing.
And some days, I think you regret the things you said.
And some days, even if it’s the worst day of your life, the day when everything is falling apart, you miss me.
Even if it’s only for a moment.

And everyday I try to pretend that I’m stronger than this.
I don’t miss you.
I try to convince myself and then I put on my mask.
I go about my day;; remember not;; and try to be confident.
But when the make up’s off, the music’s on && I’m all alone, I shed a tear.
Just one small one. That’s all I’ll allow.
Because I am stronger than this. I’m stronger than you.

I’ll grow up;; move on;; live my life.
I did everything I could… Said everything I felt…
I have no regrets.

When you’ve figured out what you want,
You can let me know. I’ll be here.
I still like to think we’re friends, even though we don’t speak anymore.
You do your thinking ;; && I’ll do mine.
Maybe we’ll be thinking the same thing.
&if not…
Here’s looking at you, kid.

-C

No comments: