Tuesday, March 17, 2009






I'm a sucker for quotes and since I finished reading P&P, I thought I'd share my favs...






"I have been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow." --Mr. Darcy






It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.





"What are men to rocks and mountains?" --Elizabeth (not Mary, as the movie portrays)



But no sooner had he made it clear to himself and his friends that she had hardly a good fortune in her face, that he befan to find it was rendered uncommonly intellegant by the beautiful expression of her dark eyes. ... In spite of his asserting that her manners were not those of fashionable world, he was caught by their playfulness.



"If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever." --Mr. Darcy



"I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." --Mr. Darcy on falling in love with Elizabeth Bennet.


No comments: