Friday, March 13, 2009

Lately...

I've been slacking on the writing thing. Truthfully, I've picked up another hobby. Having a part time job and being a full-time student isn't enough for me (and it is QUITE time consuming). Oh, no! So I set out to do something that I've been neglecting as well. I started reading again. Don't get me wrong, I read all the time. But I don't think textbooks, Cosmo, recipe books and Twilight really count. I love Twilight. Its SUCH a good story, but I need something that stimulates my crainium. haha. So last week I started reading Pride and Prejudice for the billionthhhhhhh time. It really is the original romance novel. Speaking of such, I read "Dark Prince" the other day. Its the first book in the Dark series, Vampire (ahem, excuse me. Carpathian) romance novels. Its a little unrealistic, but do you really expect them to be?
So I made a list of books I want to read. I actually bought a few of them. When I have my own house, I'll have a library: one room filled with books and a nice leather couch when I can sit and read all day long. Its nice to dream anyway. Well the list is full of classics (sigh) and some more contemporary authors. Its got everything from Jane Austen, of course, to Gregory Maguire. After I finish P&P, I plan on reading Dark Desire, book #2 from the Dark Series. Then I'll move on to Persuasion, Emma, and even some Mary Higgins Clark. I'll let ya know how it goes. For now, Adieu.
--C

No comments: